Welcome to Acumen Tutoring
Helping students excel since 2013.
Offering individualized enrichment and support in:
Math and Science•
English and History • Computer Science
Acumen Tutoring offers enrichment and support to middle- and high school students in
STEM subjects, English, and history.
Whether you need help in achieving grade level skills or want enrichment to go
beyond the class material, Acumen Tutoring can help you excel!
What Can Acumen Tutoring Help With?
Acumen Tutoring offers help in the following subjects:
Math, Science, Computer Science
- Math:Pre-algebra through AP Calculus
- Physical science: 6th grade through AP Physics/Chemistry
- Statistics: Beginning through AP Stats
- Computer Science:AP Computer Science A
CLICK HERE for detailed information on our STEM tutoring.
English, History, Writing
- English: journaling, literary analysis
- History: 6th grade through AP world and US history
- Writing: Beginning writing through advanced composition
- College essays: Planning and writing essays for college admission
CLICK HERE for detailed information on our
English and history tutoring.
SAT / ACT / SAT Subject Test Preparation
Acumen Tutoring also provides one-on-one preparation for standardized tests. We help your student prepare for all the individual sections within the SAT and ACT tests:
- SAT: reading, writing, math
- SAT Subject Tests: math levels 1 & 2, chemistry, physics, literature, U.S. & World History
- ACT: English, math, reading, science
Acumen Tutoring can help your student be fully prepared for the upcoming SAT or ACT.
Acumen Tutoring sessions are charged by the hour as follows:
- Four hours in advance: $80.00 per hour
- Ten hours in advance: $70.00 per hour
You may also pay one hour at a time for $90.00 per hour.
Payments may be made by check, cash, or Venmo.
Who Are We?
John Deubert (math, science, and
computer science) has long experience teaching and tutoring middle- and
high-school students, as well as teaching technical classes to engineers at
such companies as Xerox and Hewlett Packard.
Barbara Deubert (English, history, and
writing) has a lifetime of experience in education with all grade levels
and has masters degrees in history and educational psychology. Many people
know her as the lower school principle at St. Margaret's Episcopal school
for many years.
To Sign Up or Ask Questions
To ask questions or sign up for tutoring, contact:
Math, Science, Computer Science (including SAT/ACT)
English, History (including SAT/ACT)
Sessions are Recorded
An audio recording is made of all tutoring sessions. These recordings are available to parents upon
Copyright © 2013 John Deubert
Rev. August 2019